Last Updated on January 1, 2020
1. Privacy Rights
PLEASE SEE TEXTME’S TERMS AND CONDITIONS TO WHICH YOU ARE BOUND IF YOU USE, SUBSCRIBE TO, OR PURCHASE TEXTME’S PRODUCTS OR SERVICES: Terms & Conditions.
2. Not Intended For Use By Children
Our Products and Services are not directed at children who are under thirteen (13) years of age and We do not knowingly collect personal or other information from children. If you are younger than thirteen (13) years of age, you should not use Our Products and Services and if you are between the ages of thirteen and eighteen you must have parental consent and you should not provide any personal identifiable information while using Our Products and Services without said parental consent. If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Information, Collected, Used and Shared by TextMe, Incorporated
Regardless of what country you reside in or provide information to Us from, you authorize TextMe to use your information as described herein in the United States and all other countries where TextMe operates or is available.
TextMe retains your information in accordance with legitimate business purposes for processing the information. Thereafter the data is removed, archived for restricted legitimate interests, or anonymized. Non-identifying information may be kept without time and use limitations.
Notice of Collection
What information is collected and how?
· Identifying information, identifiers
o You provide us with identifying information, including your real name, email address, account name, and age bracket. You may also provide us with your gender.
o We associate the identifying information you provide Us with identifying information We collect about you including the account number we assign to your account, the internet protocol (IP) address you use to access our Products and Services, the telephone number We assign to your account, the advertising identifier and device identifier associated with the device you use to access Our Products and Services.
· Commercial information
o We maintain a record of your usage of Our Products and Services, including details about when you logged in and what actions you performed in Our Products and Services,
o Such as logs of messages and calls sent and received,
o And including records of what purchases you made, if any.
· Internet or network activity information
o We collect information about how you access our Products and Services electronically, including device make and model, device settings, operating system, type of connection, carrier information, applications on your device, browser information.
· Geolocation data
o If you have authorized access to your device’s location services, we collect your location.
o Please note that even if you have not authorized access to your device’s location services, we will be able to infer your location via the IP address used to connect to our Products and Services.
Why do we collect this information?
· We use commercial information to provide you with, and to improve upon, the Products and Services; to carry out actions as instructed by you via your use of the Products and Services; to measure, analyze, and improve upon Our marketing efforts
· We use internet or network activity information to provide you with, and to improve upon, the Products and Services; to carry out actions as instructed by you via your use of the Products and Services; to measure, analyze, and improve upon Our marketing efforts
· We use geolocation data to provide you with, and to improve upon, the Products and Services; to carry out actions as instructed by you via your use of the Products and Services; to measure, analyze, and improve upon Our marketing efforts
· We may use this information to verify or enforce compliance with user agreements and applicable laws, to protect against fraud, to detect and prevent security or technical issues, to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of the TextMe’s Products and Services, or to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of TextMe, its subscribers, or the public as required or permitted by law
4. Sale and Disclosure of Information for Business Purposes
TextMe does not disclose your Customer Information to third parties except in the limited circumstances herein.
In order to provide you with the Products and Services, we may establish business relationships with third-party companies. We verify that these third-party companies utilize privacy and security practices consistent with Ours.
We disclose information to Our advertising providers, in order to provide you with advertisements, including interest-based advertisements. Advertisements allow us to provide the Products and Services to you at a reduced cost to you. We may disclose identifying information, commercial information, internet or network activity information, and geolocation to advertising providers. You can find a list of the advertising companies we partner with here: TextMe Partners
We disclose information to Our data analytics providers, in order to receive analytical services, which are used to provide, improve upon, and track performance of the Products and Services. We may disclose identifying information, commercial information, internet or network activity information, and geolocation to data analytics providers.
We disclose information to Our marketing providers, in order to communicate with you about our Products and Services. We may disclose identifying information, commercial information, internet or network activity information, and geolocation to marketing providers.
We disclose information to law enforcement agencies in order to respond to law enforcement requests or when legally required to do so. We may disclose identifying information, commercial information, internet or network activity information, and geolocation to law enforcement agencies.
We use third parties to provide hosting and data storage services.
TextMe may disclose or use some of your information if you join a “group” and your prior express consent may be obtained through and conveyed by an intermediary, such as the organizer of a group using TextMe’s Products and Services. To the extent that TextMe sends administrative texts to any group members relating to using and canceling TextMe’s group texting service, they are to be considered normal business communications under applicable law. SEE TEXTME’S TERMS AND CONDITIONS TO WHICH YOU ARE BOUND IF YOU USE, SUBSCRIBE TO, OR PURCHASE TEXTME’S PRODUCTS OR SERVICES.
In the event of a sale, merger, liquidation, dissolution, reorganization, assignment, bankruptcy or any transfer of assets, IP rights, or any marketable right owned by TextMe, your information may be sold or transferred as part of that transaction.
We may use third parties to provide hosting, data storage, and direct marketing services. We may lease, rent, sell or share this information with any third parties to the extent legally possible.
TextMe may provide links and/or connections to third-party applications, websites or services from within Our Products and Services. We may not have access to, or control over, information collected by these third parties. Such third parties will handle, store, retain and access such user information in accordance with the terms and conditions of their agreements with you, if any, as well as their own privacy policies. You acknowledge that TextMe shall have no liability for sharing of such information to such third parties and TextMe disclaims any and all liability relating thereto as set forth in its Terms and Conditions, which are expressly incorporated herein.
5. Advertisement Targeting Limitation and Do Not Track
You can choose to limit the targeting of the various advertisements displayed in TextMe by turning on the feature called “Limit Ad Tracking” which can be located in the settings of your iOS Device or by changing the setting called "Opt out of interest-based ads" settings in Google Settings of your Android Device. By doing so, the Operating System of your device will not transmit your advertising identifier to the TextMe application.
Please note that by limiting the advertising targeting in this manner, you may still see the same number of ads as before, but they may be less relevant because they will not be based on your interests. By invoking this limiting feature, you will also limit your capability of using TextMe’s Products and Services.
TextMe does not honor “Do Not Track” header requests.
To learn more about interest-based advertising, or to opt-out, you can visit the site for the Network Advertising Initiative http://www.networkadvertising.org/, or the Digital Advertising Alliance http://www.youradchoices.com/, or the European Interactive Digital Advertising http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/.
6. Cookies and Web Beacons
7. Modifying or Removal of Your Customer Information
8. Security of Customer Information
TextMe seeks to adopt commercially reasonable security measures consistent with the industry regarding the protection against the loss, misuse or alternation of non-public information that is under Our control. Unfortunately, no security system, or system of transmitting data over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As such, you provide all such information at your own risk.
Any such change, update or modification will be effective immediately upon notice, which TextMe may provide by any means, including, without limitation, posting on the TextMe website, notifications within TextMe applications, or electronic mail.
10. For users located in California
This section only applies to users located in California.
You must be at least 16 years of age to use Our Products and Services.
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act, you have certain rights as a consumer, which are described below. To submit requests to exercise these rights, you must submit your request via the Privacy Portal, Privacy Portal. We can also be contacted at email@example.com, however please note that We cannot process requests to exercise rights requests via email.
· Right to request disclosure – You have the right to request that We disclose to you the specific pieces of personal information about you which we collect, use, disclose, and sell.
· Right to request deletion – You have the right to request deletion of your personal information.
· Right to opt out – You have the right to opt out of the sale of personal information. You can exercise this right by visiting the settings page of Our apps, or by clicking on the link on Our websites.
· Non-discrimination – You will not be discriminated against when you exercise your rights as a consumer under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
· Financial incentive – We provide you with personalized advertising, through our relationships with advertising companies, as a financial incentive for Us to provide you with our Products and Services at no cost, or at a lower cost than if we did not provide you with personalized advertising. You may opt out of this financial incentive by purchasing a premium subscription to Our Products and Services.
10. For users located in the EEA, UK, and Switzerland
This section only applies to users located in the European Economic Area, United Kingdom, and Switzerland.
You must be at least 16 years of age to use Our Products and Services.
We will request your consent for the processing of personal data for the purpose of providing interest-based advertisements. You can withdraw your consent at anytime by visiting the Settings page in Our Products and Services.
We may also process data as necessary to provide the Products and Services, to comply with legal obligations imposed upon Us, to protect the vital interests of TextMe users, to carry out tasks in the public interest, and other legitimate interests.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to request access, erasure, restriction and portability of your personal data collected by Us.
Your data may be stored in the European Union or the United States.
You can reach our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.